Here’s a classic tasty recipe for Ham & Potato soup that is very easy to make. Not only is it yummy, but it will also keep you warm during the cool winter months! Plus, you can add your own twist to it by adding some of your favorite ingredients.
- 3 1/2 cups peeled & diced potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Combine potatoes, celery, onion, ham, and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stir constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot and cook soup until fully heated.