Santa is coming early this year! Here’s an early present — a simple, tasty recipe for peppermint fudge that can’t be beat! It’s the perfect treat for the holidays!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of vanilla baking chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed candy canes
- 1 dash red or green food coloring
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, and grease the foil. Combine vanilla chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until almost melted, remove from heat and continue to stir until smooth.
- When fully melted, stir in the peppermint extract, food coloring, and candy canes. Spread evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Chill for 2 hours, then cut into squares and serve.