by Bill Gough, Insurance Hall of Fame Agent
Over the past decade and a half, when I REALLY began investing in my personal growth, I’ve learned different skill sets from many top entrepreneur coaches such as Dan Kennedy, Joe Polish, Bill Glazer, Lee Milteer, Nido Quebin, Dan Sullivan, and many others.
One of the most important things I learned, is having a value system with high integrity.
Your values define your character.
They impact every aspect of your life including:
- Personal and work behaviors
- Your interactions with family, friends, and co-workers
- Your decision-making process
- The direction you take in life
- The overall quality of your life
- Your happiness and well being
This is why it is so important to know what you value, why you value it and what precedence it takes in your life.
Here are 5 truths for living a life with high integrity:
- Have standards for how you operate. If you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.
- If you want more selection in your life, be more selective.
- There’s no such thing as a good business deal with a bad partner. Align with people who align with you.
- Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because it is fake.
- Don’t try to adopt someone else’s value system. Adopt your own value system and live into it. Real human happiness doesn’t come from consuming others’ values, but by producing your own.