We have approached the holiday season, and as you try to juggle your personal life activities along with work, there’s a good chance you will lose focus and momentum in the office.
Here are a few ways to stay focused and maintain high productivity during the chaotic holiday season:
- Clear your mind. Get tasks and projects onto paper and out of your head. This gives you a chance to decide which to drop and what can wait until the New Year.
- Watch out for distractions. While at the office, don’t try to cram in shopping during your lunch. When you are at work, make sure to focus on work. Take on your holiday chores during your personal time.
- Start working on year-end projects. Get a head start on any upcoming projects at work. This way, when you’re busy with holiday office parties, you’ll have fewer to-do items on your plate!
- Remind yourself to stay focused at work. The trick is to forget about “seasons” and focus on “today”. Ask yourself, “Is today a holiday?” If not, act as if you would on any other work day.
- Remember what the holidays are all about. Remind yourself that the holiday season is a time for celebration. It should be a joyful time of the year. A chaotic holiday season is a choice, not a given.
I hope these tips will help make your holiday season less stressful and more enjoyable!